Home

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reflections & "A Ladies Diary"

Been some time since I added anything to my blog--life just always seem to get in the way or takes some turns not expected; and although the journey has been rocky--I can't really say I would change a thing.  Life is just that....a journey, lessons learned and some parts may have to be revisited over and over until we can move on.  Painful, joyful, difficult or exhilarating--it's all a part of this journey we call life.

Enough of the introspective and onto the creating!  Without further ado, I give you "A Ladies Diary" Mini-Album.  The paper is all from Graphic 45, "A Ladies Diary".  The base is a simple chipboard album & rings purchased at Michael's for a $1.  I use the Xyron 900 to adhere all the paper to the pages.  It holds more firmly than just adhesive on the edges.  I also use it for altered projects--like cigar boxes.  Modge Podge is a popular choice, but I find it messy and not happy with how it changes the surface appearance.  Just sayin..


<>
Front Cover

Page One

Added some liquid pearls to the ladies "jewelry" and to the oval frame.  The dress form is stamped and with walnut stain distress ink & then embossed with distress embossing powder, which gives it more of a vintage look and rougher feel than other embossing powders. 


 

Inside Cover
I used bits of lace, pearls and lots and lots of Stickles throughout the album.  My favorite is "Rock Candy" because it adds texture, sparkle, with a hint of glamor.  The edges of all the pages were distressed with "vintage photo" distress ink--my favorite "distresser"

Page Two

Layers upon layers, all machine stitched, comprise this page.  Just love machine stitching!!

Page Three


Another page of multiple layers, stickers, vintage look Prima button & flowers edged with Stickles



 Love this black lace!! What could be more perfect than black pearls?

Page Five
I used the chipboard index tab on this complimentary page, more stickles (in copper this time) and vintage look Prima buttons and another chipboard tag.

Thanks for visiting; your comments always make my day!



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mini, you did an awesome job....Love the lace, flowers and how you incorporated the paper on the page.....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, your album is gorgeous! Love all your layering and it's so cool that you take the time to actually use stitching! A treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's even better in person!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! I am one lucky person!!!!!!!! Joydee1963

    ReplyDelete